Tuesday, May 5, 2015

GeekMeBox Review: April 2015

I was already planning to cancel GeekMeBox, mostly because I have too many of these and I haven't found anything to really hook me with this one, but then they announced that April's box would include Game of Thrones and Harry Potter, so I stayed on. I'm not sure it was really worth it, but it wasn't terrible, either. I can't really say anything negative about GeekMeBox, but I just don't feel like there's anything really unique about them, either, and they're more expensive than others that offer basically the same thing.

The first two items were a Hulk POP and some Legend of Zelda socks. I really like these items, but I think we have this POP. He's a bobblehead, though, so we may not. I do love that there are figures in the GeekMeBox subscription, because I get really tired of the kid-friendly stuff that isn't transferable to adults in some of these boxes. At least figures can be collected by someone at any age.


The shirt is actually adorable, with Link and Harry both going for the Golden Snitch. The other Harry Potter item was one of those projector lights with the Hogwarts crest, so I probably won't use that.


Finally, the Game of Thrones item was a mystery mini, which would have been really disappointing since I stuck around for this. However, we were fortunate enough to get Viserion, who is super cool even in mini form, so kudos. Again, this is actually a great box, but as I whittle down to nothing in order to worry less during the move, one area to cut is in the redundancy. I find that with all the geek boxes, it seems to make less sense to get them all and just focus on the ones that are consistently stronger and that make me the happiest.


1 comment:

  1. Good post, always look for reviews to learn more about things before buying them. Thank you for sharing it with us and keep posting more reviews

    ReplyDelete