Friday, May 1, 2015

Goals: May 2015

There's been a lot happening for Boxy, and Crafty is also dealing with some changes, so we are in the process of adjusting our goals and our lives to fit those changes.


Little Miss Boxy:

Right now, my main focus is moving. We are at the end of the packing stage and we have started to move items into the new place. Our official move is in June, but we are trying to get things done a little at a time to make it easier on us. Unpacking will be the next step, of course, so that's what we are looking forward to for the whole summer!

I hope to get back on track with our meals, which is a bit harder with our lives in flux, but it's still out there as something to focus on for us.

I noted that there were some personal stressors and I am hoping to resolve those sooner rather than later, but I have to admit that one of the biggest ones is out of my control. I just hope we can find a solution because it's been weighing heavily on me.

Blog wise, I'm not sure what direction I want to go in. I'm really not interested in being a product reviewer and I am not going to do free marketing for anyone. I think I may just cut back and post only things I want to share, or eventually I may end up deciding that this kind of blog isn't for me after all. It's tough because Crafty and I come from very different places and I struggle to retain my own sense of self with a shared blog. We manage to get along despite that, but maybe we need to figure out a way to differentiate posts so our voices are kept intact.

Finally, for me, a big goal is just to move on and accept certain things. I find I'm happier when I remove things from my life and focus on only the small pleasures, so that's a major goal for me heading into May.

Little Miss Crafty:

I have one big goal for the month of May. It might seem basic to some, or impossible to others, but it is a goal I need to focus on for myself and my family.

My focus this month is to engage more in the things around me. Things like reading a book, watching a movie or TV show, even things as simple as engaging in conversation at dinner time. It has been brought to my attention that I have spent so much time connected to technology that I have disconnected from others. I am not exactly living a life at all but simply waiting for the next thing to happen to me.

What does this mean for me? I am stepping away from Facebook. I have become addicted. When I am bored or have a bit of down time, I open the browser only to sit and stare at things that, in the end, make me miserable. I have deleted the app from my phone and will only check it a couple of times throughout the day. I have better things to do than depend on other people to make my life happen or not happen.

One of my other goals this month is to set my phone aside at dinner. I generally only eat three meals a week with my family since I work nights. Those are three nights a week I could use to find out what my children have been up to, how work is going for my husband, and talk about plans for upcoming weeks. This is not a time that needs to be interrupted by text messages or endless surfing of the internet for no reason. My family and friends are extremely important to me, but I have not been putting the time into building those relationships. Instead I have managed to disconnect myself by being so connected.

May will be a time of change for me, but I feel like it will be a positive one. I am looking forward to living my life, learning more, and spending time with the people who matter most in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Crafty, your goal reminds me of this book I recently read: http://www.amazon.com/Awaken-Katie-Kacvinsky/dp/0547721986

    ReplyDelete