Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bestowed Review: January 2015




Bestowed is a subscription box founded by Heather Bauer, a registered dietitian with a simple goal: connect consumers with healthy brands and choices that will improve their health, overall wellness, and life. This box was sent to us for review. 

Our Bestowed box included a couple of coupons, including another gift card to Urban Remedy and more tea, so we'll be passing that along with some other items. (By the way, Urban Remedy has an amazing selection. If the cards could be combined or if shipping was cheaper, I would save both!) 

I like that the foldout explains the benefits of each item in the box and why it was selected. In this case, the curation is key, because the person selecting these products is standing by them as someone with expertise in wellness. 

We had a variety of items, although we still haven't tried many of them. The products were all good size and fit into the little box well, so it already felt like a value. One of the items was a coconut water with cocoa and milk protein shake from Coco Libre. This is a hefty item and it has significant health benefits. There was a also a snack bar from Good Greens and a bag of Hemp Hearts, both of which will certainly be eaten soon!


I was very excited to see the crunchy apple chips - and they're Granny Smith, my favorite kind of apple! There are no other ingredients in this bag - just apples. I haven't opened the bag yet since it's not resealable, but I know I'll be digging into this during the week. 

We did try the last item, which was a bag of Lesser Evil popcorn. This was AMAZING! I promptly went online, but it's sold out at Bestowed and isn't carried by our local grocery stores. Amazon does have it, for $40 for six bags, although I would prefer to find somewhere less... Amazon... to buy it from! However, my husband and I both agreed this was nearly perfect popcorn. 


Right now, new subscribers can enter the code LOVEHEALTHY to get 10% off a subscription. Bestowed is also available in 3, 6, and 12 month subscriptions and as a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment