Friday, January 23, 2015

Walmart Winter Beauty Box Review

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of Walmart, but I did want to try the quarterly beauty box. These are free boxes of samples from major companies typically sold at Walmart - you simply pay $5 per box for shipping (so $20 a year).

There was nothing exciting about this box, since most of these things are products you can buy at, well, Walmart. However, if you're debating about picking up some of these brands of items, the box gives you a chance to try them first.


This is as basic as it gets. There was no card detailing the items and no frilly packaging. It was simply a sealed box with some samples inside. Included was a set of Cover Girl Outlast (a decent size for a sample box) and a sample of Maybelline Dream Wonder (this was basically a one use sample on a paper advertisement, similar to something you might see in a magazine).

I think these boxes are trying to tell me something, because I received another anti-wrinkle/anti-aging lotion from Ponds. This was also a good size, but I am going to pass it along as no matter how many times I try to avoid all these age-based products, I keep getting them. Ponds also included a pack of cleaning towelettes. I have tons of these, but will use them certainly.

Finally, there was a trio of Dove products - a lotion, shampoo, and conditioner. Again, for sample sizes, these are good size and give you enough of a sense if you want to purchase the full size. They're all basically trial sizes except the Maybelline.

I don't like a lot of the brands included in the box, so I'm not sure I want to continue. I guess it's hard to resist the price, though. I suppose it's also easier to give someone they're familiar with as most people I know aren't risk takers with products. Overall, it's worth the few dollars in shipping (it did take forever to arrive, though, I should mention) every few months, but it's never going to be a box I get excited to get.


No comments:

Post a Comment