Friday, January 30, 2015

Vampire Empire Board Game Review

Vampire Empire was one of the games we received in this month's Awesome Pack. Since my box reviews are specific to the box, I didn't review the game then. It fit my interests and made the box a success, so if I hated the game, it would not be relevant to how much I loved my Awesome Pack!

Good news, though - I didn't hate the game! In fact, it was a lot of fun and my husband and I had a great time during game time playing it.


The rules to Vampire Empire are fairly simple - there are two decks and two players. Nine characters are included and three of them are vampires (it's random and you draw tokens, a little like Clue or something, to determine who they are for each game).

One player is a vampire and he or she knows who the vampires are. Meanwhile, the human player has to determine who the three vampires are and has two "informants."

There is an attack phase and based on which character you are playing, each card has a certain tactic. The games moves pretty fast and I think I played poorly this time around mostly because I was trying to make sure I got it all down. My husband also chose the vampire, which is more strategic, and he's much better at these kinds of games.

What I really enjoyed about this game was that there is actual strategy, but it's not super complicated. It's also not one of those games that lasts forever. It's really a quick play and I think it will be fun to try playing both the human and vampire character.

This is a great game when you want to play something, but don't have a lot of time. However, it's also smart and requires thinking, so it's not just a quick mindless way to pass the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment