Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dottiebox Review - January 2015

Dottiebox is a monthly subscription box for women that includes handmade items from independent crafters and artisans, as well as small businesses. They also offer a "Mini" box each month, with different items. (By the way, they're always open to working with new vendors, if you're a crafter yourself. Here's the link for more info.)

This is the kind of subscription that's probably hit or miss, simply based on your interests. I love supporting local and independent artisans, though, so I wanted to give it a try. I also ordered a Mini, which is coming later in the month. This is a review of the regular size Dottiebox.


I love the packaging of this box, including the little card on the top (packed by Carly).

My box included a "Hello" decal from The Vinyl Company. This would go on a door or wall and the decal comes with instructions right on the back. It's a cute script typography. I'm not sure where we would put this, but it's cute nonetheless.

I like the Cuppow! a lot. How much of a pain is it to always be missing a travel mug? You can turn mason jars into travel mugs with this (and anything with the same size opening). This will get some use for sure. It's also made of recycled plastic and is BPA free, which is a nice perk.


The last two items are absolutely adorable and will probably be gifted or included in a giveaway, since I'm not really the target audience for them. However, I definitely think they're cute and I'm sure plenty of people would be very excited about them.

These tacks and clothespins are covered in gold glitter and would probably be great for a crafter to hold items, or even for someone who makes a lot of use out of a bulletin board. They may even work for people in an office setting with a cubicle, since the tacks would fit into the walls (depending on the cubicle materials) and the clothespins could work as paperclips with pizzazz. I don't work in a cubicle and I have a hard time picturing my husband clipping research papers with glittery clothespins, so these will be gifted.

The last item is something my mom and mother-in-law would fight over to win or be given. It's a mini 2015 calendar on a little wooden easel. My mom just started a new job recently, so I may try putting together a little care package for her and including this. I'm sure she'd love it for her desk.

I don't have an ongoing subscription with Dottiebox, but I bought these to try. I will likely wait a few months and then buy another one - either the full size or mini - based on what other subscriptions I'm balancing. This would be one to buy in April to stock up for Mother's Day, or around the holidays for stocking stuffers.


No comments:

Post a Comment