Thursday, February 26, 2015

Game Box Monthly Review: February 2015

I personally emailed Brian at Game Box Monthly immediately after opening this box just to compliment him on how awesome this was. This is a straightforward subscription box that sends you games each month based on what you own/report having, as well as partnerships with game developers. I love video games - a lot. However, I also really enjoy playing tabletop games, and it's slowly becoming a dying art now that everything is digital.

For a while now, I've heard about how awesome of a game Love Letter is and I actually almost bought it last week because it was on sale. I decided to wait specifically because I knew this box and my Awesome Pack are coming, and I still have a game from last month to play from Awesome Pack. I figured I would get Love Letter over the summer when my husband was home from school and we had more time together. So when I opened the box and found it inside, I was beyond excited!


What is really cool about this subscription is that everyone got a limited edition expansion for the main game, BUT anyone who didn't have the game listed already also received the main game. That's good business as far as I'm concerned! Because it's a popular game, they don't want to send it out to everyone, but when they could get a special edition, they also provided the rest of us with what we should probably already have. I'm hoping we get a chance to play soon and I will review it when we do. However, it couldn't have come at a better time since I wanted this already!

In addition to the game, this month's box included two pins from Boyfriend Badges, an Etsy shop. I don't know if everyone got the same pins or if it was random, but our two could not have been better suited to us. One is a controller (looks Xbox like!) and the other is a cat. As gamers with cats, well, these are basically spot on! (Also next few days only - get 10% off at Boyfriend Badges with the code GEEKLUV)

I'm so happy I stumbled upon this subscription box. I recommend Game Box Monthly if you're a tabletop gamer, because it's a thoughtfully planned subscription and it gives you access to great games!

No comments:

Post a Comment