Monday, February 23, 2015

Review of Foxbrim's 100% Organic Rosehip Seed Oil

Lately, I have received a lot of skin care products to review. One of the most recent items is Foxbrim 100% Rosehip Seed Oil. Rosehip Seed Oil is used to help moisturize your hair, scalp, and other areas of dry skin. Since it is winter here, anything that helps with dry skin is welcome by me. Although I have not noticed any dry scalp or hair issues, I figured I would test it out on my hands to see if the dry and cracking skin at the base of my fingernails could be helped by something.

Rosehip Seed Oil isn't hard to use; you simply drop a few drops on your fingertips and massage into whatever area you are focusing on. For me, it was my hands, but really it can be used as an all-over body oil. The bottle also recommends that you keep it stored in the refrigerator to extend the life of the oil. 

This is where things get interesting. I noticed a difference in the skin that had once been peeling and cracked on my fingers. This change was fairly instant; it really only took using the oil for about four days.

However, the real wonder of the product came after about two weeks of using it. I was at work, when one of my co-workers said to me, "What have you done to your hair recently? I was just thinking the other day how great it looked." I, of course, had no idea what she was talking about because there was nothing different in the products I was using or even my routine. The next day another co-worker commented that she, too, had noticed how great my hair looked.

At this point, I was glad people were noticing that my hair looked good, but I was still baffled as to why. I have used the same shampoo and conditioner for years and I go through the same routine of blow drying it almost every day. A few days later, as I was grabbing the Rosehip Seed Oil out of the fridge to put on my hands, it dawned on me! After I massage it into my hands, I generally take my hands and run them through my hair without even thinking about it. Although I hadn't been trying, I had been inadvertently adding the oil to my hair for weeks. This habit of running my hands through my hair has taken my thick, dry, and frizzy hair and made it smooth, shiny, and moisturized with no effort at all.  

For me, the true test of a beauty product is if someone else notices a difference when you use it. I notice that my hands and fingers are free of dry cracked skin, but others noticed how great my hair looked. I would certainly recommend this product to others. Not only does it do what it claims to do, but the price of the product is worth it as well. I have been using it almost every day for three weeks now and I have barely made a dent in the two oz. bottle I received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment