Monday, February 23, 2015

GlobeIn Review: February 2015

Oh my goodness, I am in love with this new subscription I started! (Someone needs to stop me, because I clearly can't stop myself!)

GlobeIn is a monthly artisan box that sends you products from crafters around the world, generally in developing nations, and supports fair trade practices. This month's theme is perfect - World Kitchen. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the box, so I planned to cancel, but I love it. I'm not big on knick knacks (my house is cluttered enough) but every single thing in this box is not only usable, but amazing! To top it all off, when I contacted them to make sure my subscription was still active/could be reactivated, they replied SO fast! And they're friendly (there was an issue where an item was broken in several people's boxes and they sent out a message offering to replace anyone's who was broken; mine, however, was fine).

Plus look at this sticker on the outside! I'm sure this box was made for me. :)



Everything came in a hand-woven basket, and I need more of these. I was just thinking this morning that I need to put everything in baskets like this! It's cute and useful and fairly sturdy, which is a pretty great combination.

I took everything out and did three photos with a few items in each picture. First was a mini tagine for sauces or really storing anything. This is the item that many people received broken, which is too bad since it's such a beautiful and hand-crafted ceramic item. I feel bad that they have to make more just because of bad shipping. There was also a hand/dish towel that's incredibly useful! I love the colors, too.


I could smell the coffee pack before the box was open, and I can't wait to try this! Crafty is sending me something to make my Keurig a regular coffee machine (I sold my old one when I got the Keurig since I don't have tons of cabinet space). I have been drooling over this because it smells so good. There was also a really good-sized bottle of pink salt. As I said, this is probably the most useful subscription box I've received, while also being unique and gift-worthy. You can't beat that!


Finally, there were a few packets of coconut palm sugar and crushed vanilla. I can't wait to sub this in for vanilla extract in a baking recipe.

I am a huge GlobeIn fan now. I hope next month is as awesome as this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment