Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Nerd Block, Jr. Girls Review: February 2015

I don't have kids, so I have no business subscribing to Nerd Block, Jr. However, last month they were featuring Harry Potter and I got suckered in. It was disappointing, but that's on me, not them, since I'm not a kid and I don't have kids. 

This month, though, the Nerd Block, Jr. was AWESOME. If all the boxes were like this, I wouldn't even be embarrassed to subscribe!



Let's deal with the bad first. Nerd Block is really pushing these Cliccors things, and I won't even pretend to get them. They're plastic junk that now can't be recycled and just gets in the way. But as a random side item, they're fine, and I don't really care either way. There was also a Frozen figure. Although I'm of the 1% who hated the movie Frozen, this makes sense in a box for girls. I am sending this to Crafty's daughter, who loves the movie. Of course. 




Perhaps it feels hypocritical or odd to complain so much about how childish Arcade Block is, then subscribe to Jr. and get excited about a stuffed Kirby. BUT this is a box for kids. Arcade Block should include Final Fantasy and Borderlands and Bioshock and games for adults as well. It doesn't have to avoid kids' games entirely, but it would be nice to see those represented in addition. Anyway, regardless, this Kirby is awesome.


There was an Imps and Monsters coloring book and I won't pretend I don't own a giant box of crayons that I already broke out for this. These are adorable!


The last item may not be a hit for everyone, but this was, for me, worth the full price of the box. I would easily buy this. It's a good size notebook with tons of pages and it's beautiful, both inside and out. I love the artwork and Alice in Wonderland is not a children's book. It's a classic and this is a beautiful item I would be happy to get as a gift, never mind in a random subscription box. Serious kudos to Nerd Block on this, because this is amazing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment