Thursday, April 9, 2015

Angel Crafts Transfer Tape Review by Crafty

For a person who loves to craft and create as much as I do, I have one very tragic flaw when it comes to crafting: I can't draw, or even cut, a straight line to save my life. Even with a ruler or rotary cutter, my pieces are still uneven, my letters are crooked, and everything has an uphill climb to it.

Since I scrapbook and create other items using letters cut from my Cricut, this is a problem. My albums have the telltale sign of someone who can't use a ruler; every title in has letters that are staggered or offset. I do believe, though, I may have solved this problem. That is, Angel Crafts has, with their transfer tape that has a grid, making it that much easier to lay titles or vinyl images straight. I was so excited to receive this product for review!


I have used transfer tape before many times; however until recently, it was hard to come by. I could order it online, but it was fairly expensive and I needed to purchase a large amount at one time. This was helpful for a big project, or if I was working on many projects at the same time, but not for simple things. My other option was to stop at a shop that makes signs and ask if I could purchase a small amount. In our area, these shops are becoming harder and harder to find sadly, which makes Angel Crafts transfer tape almost ideal. It comes in a roll that is 12 inches wide and 8 feet long at a reasonable price.


To try this tape out, I decided to make Boxy a cute little tumbler with our blog name and cat on it. I used my Cricut to cut out the letters in vinyl. If you are not familiar with vinyl, it has a sticky back, which allows it to stick without having to add additional glue or adhesive. Once I had cut out the letters, I cut small pieces of the transfer tape making sure I had the grid lines to follow for placing the letters. I then lined everything up the way I wanted it to look.

The next step was to peel the backing off the vinyl so that I could place it on the tumbler.


I placed the words in the positions in which I wanted them and then I used my finger to press firmly on the letter outlines on the vinyl. This helps to make sure the vinyl sticks to the surface once the transfer tape is removed.

One of the problems I have had with transfer tape in the past is that it likes to stick to the vinyl. When it's pulled off, this sometimes distorts the letters. It also makes it hard to make sure they are lined up correctly. When I was ready to pull the transfer tape off this project, though, I had no problems at all. Everything came off smoothly, leaving only my design behind (and where I wanted it).

I also took the pieces of tape I used and returned them to the backing to reuse at another time. I am looking forward to being able to create many more items now without having to use the staggered placement of letters to hide my inability to make a straight line. 

Would you like to try Angel Crafts transfer tape for 50% off? Click Here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment