Tuesday, April 28, 2015

BakeItFun Silicone Baking Mat Review

After Boxy reviewed the silicone cupcake wrappers, I bought a set for my daughter who loves to bake, and they are seriously awesome. So when BakeItFun asked me to review the BakeItFun Silicone Baking Mat, I happily agreed.


I will warn you that I don't often bake. My husband and daughter are the bakers in the house, but I figured I could at least make a batch of cookies without a problem. The directions for the mat say to wash it first with soap and water, spray it with cooking spray, and then you are ready to go.  
Oatmeal cookies! 
With the batter ready, I could try out the baking mat. I placed it on my old cookie sheet, since the mat itself is not strong enough to hold the cookies up when taking them out of the oven. The circles on the mat are a great guide to judge how big your cookies will come out, and also to see where they should be placed for spacing. Of course, I am not a baker; my YouTube video makes that very obvious. The scoops of batter I used were clearly too big, making cookies that ran together.  

Aside from my own inability to bake, I do love this mat. Effortlessly, the cookies came right off the mat, cleanup was super easy, and storage takes up almost no space. 

1 comment:

  1. I just use parchment paper but this is re-usable so it's better for the environment. I wonder how it will hold up over time - I may have to do some research for that and to see how much it costs, thanks!

    ReplyDelete