Saturday, April 4, 2015

Fruit Infusion Water Bottle Review by Crafty

I am so terrible about drinking water. I am well aware of the benefits and the necessity of drinking at least 64-ounces a day, although I never seem to do it despite knowing them. I am like a child, though; if you give me something new to put my water in, I will then consistently drink water for days. That is where my new fruit infusion water bottle comes in. I was so excited to be given a chance to review this, because I've been eyeing these for months.


I honestly think that one of the reasons I don't like to drink a whole lot of water is because I like my drinks to have flavor. Right now, it also feels too cold to drink anything but coffee. As the temperatures begin to warm up - hopefully soon! - one of those problems will be solved naturally. The other problem is easily fixed with this water bottle. 

This is such a simple concept and I love it. You add fruit and it flavors your water naturally. As you can see, I started out with strawberries. However, this bottle does more than just flavor the water - there are additional benefits my family can gain from it.

There are many other ways to add a little flavor to your water. My husband and kids are all addicted to the "drops" you can use to add flavor, but these have never interested me. Those are loaded with chemicals and I am concerned about the dyes the kids are getting when they use them. Certain dyes can have negative reactions, especially for children. We have become more conscious of this since our oldest has ADHD; things like Red 40 make her temper a little bit worse and Blue of any kind keeps her up at night. This bottle now gives me a way to flavor their water without chemicals and dyes, which makes me a happy mom. 

After I let my water sit in the fridge overnight, I pulled it out to take it with us on an egg hunt. My daughter was the first to ask, "Mommy, can I have some of your strawberry water?" Within minutes, she had finished the entire bottle! Before we even left, she was filling it up again.

I am contemplating discarding our other water bottles and purchasing two more of these infusers for the summer. When the kids are outside playing, riding bikes, or even swimming, I like them to stay hydrated and this seems like a good option for that. 

It is also handy, because it is leak-proof, making it easy to toss in a gym bag, purse, lunch bag, or even beach bag. I "accidentally" put it to the test this morning when I thought I had placed it in one of the side pockets of my purse, which is designed to hold a bottle upright. When we got to the egg hunt, I reached for it - only to find it in the larger part of my purse on its side. Guess what? My purse was dry; the bottle's leak-proof seal actually worked. 

Here's to drinking more water and to experimenting with other options for my water. Up next I will try out lemons. I am also considering cucumber water. You can actually see me trying these on YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment