Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Smarty Pants Zester/Grater Review

When we tried Blue Apron for the first time, we had no idea how to get zest from a lemon. Mostly because we didn't own a zester. It was never something we thought we really needed, but after trying to zest with a peeler and knife, we were very excited to be given the opportunity to review the zester/grater from Smarty Pants!


I actually tried this as part of a Plated meal gone bad. It wasn't Plated's fault; I was making spaghetti with artichokes and lemon when our sink and garbage disposal clogged (stupid artichokes) and the whole meal ended up a nightmare because some of it was ready and some wasn't and now I have pieces of it to make and others that went to waste.

The first thing I noticed about the zester is that it comes with a plastic protective sheet and this makes me very happy. I'm not ashamed to admit that I am clumsy and I can guarantee that I would end up cutting myself on this when rummaging for something in the utensil drawer.

Secondly, I noticed it's big, which makes it versatile. It can be used for citrus fruits and zesting, but you can also use it for grating cheese. I like items that have multiple purposes, since I am more likely to use them and then they have more value!


The item works very well with no real effort and the zest is perfectly sized. That's the best thing about the already versatile and safe product - it's easy and even people like me who don't have a clue about zesting can get some nice zested rinds from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment