Thursday, April 16, 2015

Friendly Bands Sunshine Loom Craft Kit Review and Video

When I am stressed out or need a break from everyday life, I like to step away into my own little world with my loom and rubber bands. I have several straight looms, finger looms, and monster tail looms from Rainbow loom, but the loom Friendly Bands sent me is quite different. I was obviously very excited when they contacted me about doing a review.


When the loom arrived, I was excited to try it out because it was circular instead of straight. I am not used to using a circular loom at all and I figured this would be something new and different. The kit comes with the loom, three packs of rubber bands, a hook, charms, and S-clips to secure your bracelets. Basically, this is an all-in-one kit; everything you need to start creating is included, even directions for several different types of bracelets.

I sat down the other day to work on the X-Band bracelet. I was a little confused because this loom is laid out a bit different, with two pegs per position on the loom. I didn't know how to place the bands on these pegs, but it wasn't long until I figured it out. I was thankful for the two pegs, though, because sometimes bands slip off your hook. When that happens, it can be a mess while you try to retrieve it. Since this loom has two pegs per position, when my band slipped off the hook it caught on the peg so I didn't actually have to fix anything just pick it back up and go. 


With all of that said, I have to admit I don't generally make bracelets too much anymore. I am have been making things, such as Hello Kitty or little creatures. I am not sure how much use I will get out of this loom myself, but I figure the kids will have a blast making bracelets for their friends. I would have liked to have seen a hook that was a bit stronger as well. I am used to metal hooks so I worried that this one would snap with the tension put on it. It did not, though, so that is good. 

Overall, I think this is a neat concept and design, but I still think the straight looms are more versatile. Not being able to add to the loom to make it longer or wider is something that would be a problem for those loomers who are more skilled and want to make more elaborate projects. For a beginner, though, this kit is perfect since it includes everything you need to get started. 



No comments:

Post a Comment