Monday, April 6, 2015

Plated Review: Baked Gnocchi with Tomato Basil Sauce and Spring Mix Salad

I pretty much always have good things to say about Plated, but this is the best meal we have had yet! It's also something fairly easy to make that we can make on our own (now that we have a handy dandy recipe card, too). Even more exciting is we finally learned how to use broil on the oven! ;)

The meal was for baked gnocchi with homemade tomato basil sauce and a spring mix salad on the side (tossed in a mustard vinaigrette). As you can see, the salad was fresh and it's waiting here to be eaten. The dressing was just enough - it's amazing that Plated can figure out the right proportion of dressing to send, since people can be really picky about that, but I've found that all the salads have the exact perfect amount of dressing. 




The pasta was very easy to make - much easier than normal, so I am guessing the gnocchi is precooked. We mixed up the sauce and then baked it in a pan with cheese on top. After about five minutes of baking, it was time to broil so the cheese got a nice crispy crust. I had to Google broiling, because I honestly have no idea how anything works on the oven besides off and on and setting the preheat temperature. Thankfully it's pretty easy and Plated gave us the exact timing on it, so it came out perfect. Look how great this looks!


My husband and I both loved this meal and there was some left over to eat the next day. I am always a big fan of Plated's meals and how easy they are to prepare. I am so excited to see they're doing more pasta dishes in the next month, because I love meals like this one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment