Thursday, April 9, 2015

Awesome Pack Review from Crafty: March 2015

After months of Boxy telling me that I needed Awesome Pack, I gave in. I wasn't sure I wanted to put out the money, but Mr. Crafty agreed it would be something worth trying for the kids.


If there was even one thing negative I could say, it would be that my shipment was slightly late. I received an email from Awesome Pack that my box would be shipped on March 23. On the 23rd, I received an email that there was a shipping delay, however. I am the most impatient person in the world and I wanted my box the second I ordered it! Awesome Pack did a great job keeping me updated, though, and explained that there was a delay from the supplier and my box would be on its way very soon. On the 28th of March, it shipped out.

This delay wasn't terrible, plus knowing what was happening made it completely understandable and forgivable. Again, I can't say this is a negative, but I am impatient and if there was anything bad, that would be the only thing.


The day I ordered, I immediately sent an email to Awesome Pack telling them how excited I was to be getting the box. I also wanted to thank them for taking care of Boxy so well with her subscription. Within minutes they emailed me back to thank ME, as well as Boxy, for being customers. I love that!

The wait then began. It was like waiting for Christmas morning to come because I just had to know what we were going to get. I had filled out a survey telling them all about our family of five, including our likes, dislikes, and the fact that, as a whole, we are a bit nerdy. There was a question or spot to comment on just about anything about your family that you could imagine. One of the things I included in our survey was that my three-year-old had a very short attention span, but that the bigger kids loved games, so it would be helpful if there were activities for him to do while the rest of us played. I also mentioned that he loves puzzles, bugs, and, of course, superheroes. I explained that the bigger kids were working on spelling and reading, and I let them know that we enjoy the occasional longer game, but games that are quick are generally best.

When the box arrived, I was jumping up and down, just itching to get into it to see what they had chosen for our family. Littlest Crafty and I ripped open the box. He was amazed by all the awesomeness that was pouring out of it. He even picked up the "I'm Awesome" sticker and asked me to take his picture with it.

Each of the kids got a little figure; the boys got superhero ones and my daughter a Hello Kitty one. We also got Spuzzles, which incorporates puzzles into a board game; Buzz Wire, which looks very cool for the tech geeks of the house; Word on the Street Junior; and Bug Out. We are really excited to try these games out! I will be sharing our experience with the games as we go of course.

The last thing I want to tell you, though, is the icing on the cake really. Awesome Pack bills on the 1st of the month. At about 11:45 pm on March 31, I sent them an email. We decided we wanted to “pause” our subscription, not because of anything they did but because the kids are in school and I work nights. I have only about 45 minutes every day, except weekends, to spend with them. I didn't want our games piling up, so I wanted to “pause” the subscription until June, when we will be home together and have time to play games. Now, I knew I was pushing it by emailing them so late the day before billing. However, Kat was on it. She emailed me right back and told me she completely understood, that they were working on improving the system so customers could “pause” their subscriptions easily, and that all I had to do was email her when we were ready to start again or she could just go ahead and set it up to bill me on June 1st.

We talk a lot about customer service on our blog. To me, this is the epitome of customer service. There was no delay in response and no confusion about what we needed, and it was handled professionally. A customer wants to be respected. Awesome Pack, handled it perfectly.

As an added bonus, Boxy and I each got a Simpsons plush. We got Itchy in our box and Boxy got Krusty. I will be giving her Itchy because I know she thinks he is adorable. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment