Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Sumo Ice Cream Scoop Review


I love ice cream. I eat a ton of ice cream. But I always use a spoon to scoop it because I haven't had much luck with ice cream scoops. Usually they are either too weak to really do anything or, more often, the materials they're made with just aren't very long-lasting. So when I had a chance to review the SUMO Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop, I wanted to see if it made a difference. It is described as indestructible, so I figured why not?



Now, ice cream that's soft isn't hard to scoop, but the real challenge is when you get the super frozen stuff. I've bent more than one spoon in there! The SUMO scoops just cuts right in and it works fantastically. I actually spent a number of my teen and college years scooping ice cream "professionally," so I can say that this is the kind of quality you get at an ice cream stand for a scooper. In fact, I didn't try the tricks of trade we learned there, but I bet they would make this even better (not really exciting tricks - keep the scoop wet in fairly warm water. That's the trick.).

This couldn't have come at a better time, because it's almost summer! And summer means ice cream! I love that this comes with a lifetime guarantee, is BPA free, and is easy to clean and store. I'm happy with this scoop and I will be breaking it out a bunch once it warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment