Thursday, April 2, 2015

Francois et Mimi French Coffee Press Review

"A what? How do I use that?"

Those were my first questions to Boxy when she said I was getting a French press to review (she is getting her own and reviewing later this month). She humored me, though, and explained what a French press is, as well as why it's actually her favorite method of brewing coffee. Then I was excited because I LOVE coffee!

My Francois et Mimi French Press arrived on my doorstep and I was still nervous, yet now also excited to try it out.


This French press is made of stainless steel with a mirror polish finish. It is also double-walled, which helps to keep the coffee warm longer. The inside construction of the press itself is also well-made and the plunger is stainless steel as well. The mesh and coil inside provide a snug fit, which is what you want when using a French press. Another feature that helped me out, since I am new to French presses, was that the basic directions are listed right on the back of the box.

I made two cups of coffee with the French press yesterday and I am looking forward to enjoy a whole pot this weekend with my husband. We have some coffee from a recent Blue Moby order that I can't wait to try out.

All the items I have received from Francois et Mimi have been quality products and this is no different. I am extremely pleased with the product, especially for the price. I also am happy that it is dishwasher safe. Things that require hand-washing in our house either a.) don't get used or b.) get used and sit in the sink or on the counter after that use. This product will get used and put in the dishwasher to get used again.

If you want to check out my first attempt at making coffee with the French press, you can enjoy my video! Feel free to follow us on YouTube for the few videos we actually make.

No comments:

Post a Comment