Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Hero Crate Review: March 2015 (Mario)

I will be completely honest. I knew going in to this month's Hero Crate that the hero was likely Mario, and I am not a huge Mario fan. I don't dislike him, but I normally wouldn't buy a subscription box dedicated to him. However, I have heard really good things about Hero Crate and I wanted to give them a try. I've been waiting since they had TMNT last month and I really don't like them and next month is going to be Superman. One thing I really love about Hero Crate is that it is specific to one hero, so you can opt to order only when you want that box. I wonder if, as they expand, they could do two options each month, because it may be easier to retain subscribers that way. I feel like I personally would subscribe if I selected from two choices. Right now, I think this will be one I follow and order only when I love the hero. Since this company is great about customer service and is owned by veterans, I want them to succeed.



The first item was a pair of pixel sunglasses. We have a few like these and they're a bonus item, so I don't have any feelings one way or another about them.


I love the motivational poster. It's hard to tell in the photo but it says BELIEVE over Mario's head. This is a great twist on the posters you always see on classroom or office walls.


The plush Mario is probably an obvious item and he'll go well with our Link plush. There was also a box of candy in a Mario box.


The absolute best part of this box, though, is the shirt. Hero Crate is pretty consistent from what I've seen in unboxings - usually a shirt, poster, plush or POP, and some bonus items. Mario is a hero I don't really have strong feelings about, but I do value his contribution to the history of gaming. However, this shirt is amazing. For those who don't know, it's a Star Wars mashup and I really could not have picked a better shirt. This alone is worth the price of the box and I know this will get a lot of wear! It's seriously brilliant!!


No comments:

Post a Comment