Monday, March 23, 2015

Sunsella Little Gems Silicone Baking Cups Review


I actually really enjoy baking and I'm always happy to try new products that make baking easier or less messy. When I was given a chance to review the silicone baking cups from Sunsella, I was excited because I have heard great things about these. Currently, I use my muffin pan and paper baking cups, but those can be wasteful. Plus the muffin pan needs to be cleaned after and it's often not easy unless I use the baking cups. 

The silicone baking cups eliminate the need for a muffin pan, since they can be set up on a cookie sheet, and they are very easy to clean. In addition, you can serve the muffins or cupcakes in them if you like, so it's less wasteful. They come in pretty colors, too!



So these are dishwasher, oven, freezer, and microwave safe, which is basically perfect for any baking product! If you order them on Amazon, too, you get a link to a cupcake cookbook and cupcake recipes are never bad. I also love how compact they are. The box is very small and it makes it easy to stick this in a drawer with the cups inside. There are 12, so you can still make a full dozen but it takes up a lot less space than a pan!

I decided to use these on a new banana hemp muffin recipe I had never tried. I made the mix and broke out the cups, placing them on a baking sheet. I only had to use a spoon to transfer the mix and I left room for the muffins to rise. It's a fairly dry mix, so I don't know if it was the cups or the recipe that made it so easy to scoop and fill, but it was!





After baking for 15 minutes, the muffins came out looking great. They were super easy to get out of the cups and then I just needed to toss the cups in the sink or dishwasher to clean them before storing them. I love how easy they are to use because I do find it's hard to clean the muffin pan effectively and it's clunky in the dishwasher. I could squeeze these in between bowls, dishes, and cups and they get clean.

I will definitely use these Sunsella cups again and I really love how much easier they make clearing up the baking mess! That's usually the biggest complaint I have about baking and now these solve that for me!


1 comment:

  1. This review could not have come at a better time! My daughter is just getting into baking and for Easter I got her baking supplies these will go in her basket!

    ReplyDelete