Friday, March 13, 2015

Kiwi Crate Review: February 2015

In January, I signed up for Kiwi Crate because they had the very cool Glow Worm Kit for free. I debated about ordering this subscription because all of the reviews I had seen of it were from other bloggers who had received it for free for review. Boxy pays for 95% of her subscriptions and the ones she receives for free, she usually ends up buying anyway. I feel like there is a difference between a review written by someone who has spent their hard-earned money for it versus someone who was asked to provide a review and received the product for free. Since she doesn't have kids, though, the subscription boxes for children fall to me. Both Boxy and I take pride in the fact that no matter how the product is received the review will ALWAYS be honest, so I decided to try it out and see how I felt about it.

I enjoyed the Glow Worm Kit and went ahead with ordering a subscription to Kiwi Crate to share with my children. This is my first subscription box from them.





This month's Kiwi Crate was awesome! The theme was "play sports" and it was full of exciting activities. Today, the kids had a snow day and even the bigger kids were excited to open this box and create something new and fun.

Included in the box were a make your own basketball hoop with a basketball, a make your own soccer field with little soccer players, a new pair of scissors, and an activity booklet with a story to go along with it.

We decided to start with the basketball net. This design is really truly amazing. There is a piece of fabric that you use to make the "net" of the basket, as well as directions on how to make your own stamp to create the net pattern. All of the supplies to do this are included in the box.

After you have the fabric decorated you simply slip it on the tube that will hold it up. This part is the part that I love the most. The backboard has two holes in it and you place two golf tees (included in the kit) through the holes, and then you place a soft piece of foam with adhesive backing to hold the tees in place. Add the suction cups that are included in the box and there you have your basketball net!

I actually said to both Boxy and my husband that I am really bummed that I ended up canceling this subscription after a month because I wanted to save money and try some other subscriptions out. Although the process of cancelling was extremely easy, I am hoping that signing up again will be equally as easy. For my three-year-old and me, this subscription gives us many activities to complete in a month as we wait for our next box. In his words, "I love my chickie box." 

No comments:

Post a Comment