Friday, March 13, 2015

InstaNatural Scar Gel Review

One of the things you will not find on our blog are reviews of products that we did not personally try. It's important that any information we provide is accurate and honest. While we may not have the same experiences or even preferences as others, we don't feel ethical about representing something we're not familiar with personally.

I was offered the chance to review InstaNatural's Scar Gel and I was happy to give it a shot. Again, I knew I would need to actually try it, but since I have had several procedures over the last few years that left scars, I figured why not. It was a chance to try something on one of the most noticeable scars I have, one that I would love to rid myself of.

This product claims that it is for use on old and new scars; since the scars I was planning on using it on are about four years old, I was hoping this would work. I had two wrist surgeries on the same wrist, leaving me with two very noticeable scars. I will let you decide for yourself if you notice a difference in the before and after pictures. For me it is hard to tell because I look at them every day. In my opinion, I feel as though it is working on the smaller scar on the side. It seems that it is becoming lighter after using this product for a good two to three weeks once a day. 



This scar gel has almost no odor to it and you really only need a very small amount to cover the area or scar you are working on. I will warn you that if you don't fully rub the gel into the skin, it will get on your clothing and leave a stain if you do not wash it right away. 

Originally my plan was to continue to use this product until it was gone and see what the results were in the end. After doing some research into the company (InstaNatural), though, I realized that while they may technically be cruelty-free, they also offer 100% Emu Oil. While that makes them cruelty-free by some standards, as they do not test on animals and the emu oil is a byproduct of slaughter like leather or tallow in soap, I don't use products like this enough to justify continuing.

I had thought maybe this was misleading, although InstaNatural was quick to verify that they never claim to produce all vegan products. This is stated on their website and they were very responsive to us when we questioned them. They do not test on animals, but whether emu oil is something you would feel comfortable calling cruelty-free or not is a personal choice (Boxy says no, and although I am not a vegetarian, I am not sure how I feel about it in a cosmetic product). 

No comments:

Post a Comment