Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pigment + Palette Review: February 2015

Pigment + Palette is an art supplies subscription box. The product and value are great. The business is basically three sisters who just wish there was a way to get better art supplies easier. In this way, they definitely fulfill their mission.

I signed up for this in January and just received it this past week. Although the shipping is just delayed naturally anyway (my payment was set up for the February shipment) when you subscribe, it also did take a really long time to get to me. Given the weather and other issues recently, though, I understand. Things happen and I do think the cost of this subscription for the service is a definitely worthy investment.


Everything comes in a really nice black box with a magnetic latch. This month, an inkpot and calligraphy brush were shipped separately as well (both arrived on the same day) due to size.

The theme this month was "Paint it Black." I love that the info card has artwork on one side and then the details about each item on the back. Also included was an ink stick, mixing tray, grease pencil, and paper for designs. The grease pencil had rubbed off on all the sheets, but it's not a huge problem for me. I know some people might care, but it was only on one edge.


I'm curious to see what's next and I think I will hold off until after I move, but I look forward to starting up again. Art supplies are very expensive and not only is this service quite affordable, the quality of the items is unquestionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment