Thursday, March 12, 2015

KeepCool Wine Chiller Review


Over the course of the last month, I have really been stepping outside my comfort zone. I don't drink much wine, but I tried Wine Awesomeness and loved the wines they sent. I tried an aerator, which ended up confusing me a lot and probably is not for me, and then I accepted an opportunity to review the KeepCool wine chiller. So it's been a big wine month - and I'm happy to say I'm loving this new experience. 



Happily, the box includes directions on the back with pictures, because I likely would not have figured this out. It's really simple, though! Essentially you open the box/unwrap it and then put the cooler in the freezer. It says a minimum of 30 minutes, but mine was in there for days. I am actually keeping it in there now as well (maybe I'm not supposed to?) for future use.

When you are ready to use it, you put the cooler together (it screws into itself - one piece is a long metal stick and the other is a bottle stopper/pourer that also aerates during poruing) and insert it into the bottle. KeepCool suggests cooling the wine first in the fridge for a bit, too.


I did this while cooking and left the chiller in for a bit when prepping the dishes. When I was ready to drink my wine, it poured easily into a glass and was cool. One thing I noticed was the taste - the wine was not only cooler, but tasted sweeter. I found that the KeepCool wine chiller improved the wine in this case and I ended up drinking more of it than I usually do because it was so tasty.

This is a perfect product for me, because it's really convenient, small enough to store and also to take with you if you want it for a party or anything, and works with any wine. Since it improved the wine as well, I can't think of any reason not to use it!

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a consistently performing, dual-zone Best Wine Chiller, consider the EdgeStar CWF340DZ. If you are looking for a unit with solid-wood shelves, consider the Avanti. Those who are considering a thermoelectric wine cooler may want to consider the NewAir AW-321ED. For a compact. If you would like to learn more about wine fridge temperature fluctuations and are curious about what goes on in our test lab, you can read our articles on wine coolers.

    ReplyDelete