Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Btipsy Lemon Squeezer Review


I suppose it's fairly ridiculous to complain about the effort involved in squeezing a lemon or orange, but I also admit that I always like options that make anything easier. When I was offered a Btipsy Lemon Squeezer for review, I definitely wanted to try it. I use lemons and oranges enough in baking that I figured it would be helpful. I also know that this probably gets more juice out that I do from my mangling of the fruit. 


This is a very straightforward product. You slice a lemon or small citrus fruit, open the squeezer, place it with the rind up towards you, and squeeze. I used this when making a meal from Plated that called for lemon juice in a vinaigrette.

What I noticed is that this is far less messy than doing it yourself. You also get more juice from it. Usually I slice the lemon and have to wring it. Sometimes seeds and bits of the skin come out, too, because I'm trying to get everything out. I also end up wearing some of the juice or it squeezes out on the counter. This product was very simple - I pushed down on the top part and the juice went in the bowl. Then I threw the lemon out and rinsed off the squeezer and was done.

Something like squeezing an orange or lemon is not all that time-consuming, but when cooking or baking, every little bit does help a lot. Prep time may only be 30 minutes but with the right utensils, maybe you could get that down to 20 or less. The easier it is to make something, the more likely people are to do it even after work. This is also easy enough to use that people with children could put kids on the task of squeezing without worrying about them getting into the mess of meal prep.

I am actually really looking forward to using this in making juice or in adding to cocktails and sangria when the weather improves. It's sturdy and definitely feels high quality. I'm very happy with it overall.


1 comment: