Monday, March 2, 2015

Danish Dough Whisk Review


One of my resolutions for 2015 was to start cooking more. We aren't much of cooks, but we've spent too much money - and probably too much of our health - on takeout. We actually really enjoy a lot of variety (well, at least I do), but we are fairly inept in the kitchen. However, we've been improving and have begun to look forward to this part of our weekends. 

When the opportunity came up to review the Danish Dough Whisk, I knew I was interested. Although I'm not much of a cook, I really love to bake. In fact, I considered going to school for it. We have also been making our own seitan, so this seemed like a great thing to try if it made whisking and mixing easier. 


The product does not look like much - a large wooden stick with a metal circle/spiral on the end. However, I couldn't wait to try it!


We decided to use this first to make seitan. Although it doesn't take long to make generally, I figured I would easily be able to tell how well this product worked. Once all the ingredients were in place, I substituted the Danish Dough Whisk for my regular whisk. As you can see, there's a lot happening in the bowl to make the seitan for simmering. 


Admittedly, I wondered exactly what could be so impressive about a whisk. I don't find that whisking takes an unreasonable amount of time anyway, but I am always happy to try new things in the kitchen, especially if they'll save even a few moments.

This really does work fast! I had the dough fully mixed through and combined in maybe three full spins around the bowl. I have no idea how it does it, but rather than a couple of minutes of whisking, I had my dough within ten seconds!

What I really like, too, about this whisk is that it's sturdy. The wooden handle is solid and this is a high quality item. It would be bad to find something like this, only for it to be made poorly and fall apart too fast.

I'm really looking forward to using this on baked goods, too! It's a great value and I recommend trying it out.


2 comments:

  1. I have been curious about these whisks. It looks interesting. I am glad to hear that it is sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I might need one of these in my life.

    ReplyDelete