Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Plated Review: Cashew, Tofu, and Peas Stir Fry

I really love Plated. I already have my order in for February 20 because I find their meals filling, tasty, nutritious, and reasonably easy to cook.

We ordered two meals and a dessert with this box, and made the first meal and dessert on the same night (the same day the box arrived). The first meal was a cashew, tofu, and peas stir fry. This was a fairly easy recipe, with the majority of the work really being on mincing garlic and onion (I'm going to buy a jar of minced garlic and frozen chopped onions for future meals, in order to save time, I think). While mincing, we had the jasmine rice cooking and the tofu draining.

The ingredients were also very simple - tofu, jasmine rice, garlic, onion, ginger, snow peas, sugar snap peas, shelled green peas, cashews, and a sauce that combined chili garlic, hoisin, and soy sauce.


The recipe called for vegetable oil (Plated really tries to minimize what you need to have on hand), but we like sesame oil for tofu because it has more flavor, so our final meal looks a lot darker. This was a quick meal, minus mincing, and it was so, so tasty! I don't normally like snap and snow peas in stir fry, because they always end up too crispy (texture issue). However, this was perfect - and I ate my entire giant plate of food with no problem! I would definitely make this again.


As far as the dessert, the recipe was for Chocolate, Graham Cracker, and Coconut Hello Dolly Bars. I wish I had a photo, but my husband was so excited for these that he didn't allow them to cool, instead putting the entire warm and gooey mess into one pile, which he then proceeded to eat! So there's no picture, because they weren't bars exactly, but they were definitely good! :)

We have the ingredients to make Mushroom and Spinach Orzo tonight, so more to come! I can't recommend Plated enough. They usually have deals and if not, I believe you can get two plates free with my link here. I look forward to checking the menus every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment